Bits of Beauty surround us; in a baby's smile, a kindness shared or a starry night.

Humble or spectacular, Beauty is alive every moment.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Mandy Girl

Mandy is one of our two dogs. Mandy is the good dog. The kind, gentle, I-Love-You-No-Matter-What dog. Our other dog, Molly has turned to the dark side (hee,hee). But that is a story for another day. Mandy is a six and half years old Labrador/Golden mix. When she was a puppy and I took her to the vet for shots, I learned a deep truth about Labs; as long as you keep their mouth busy, you can do whatever you want to them and they either won't notice or won't care. I am positive that Mandy has no idea she has ever received shots. She is convinced we bring her to the vet's office yearly just so she can eat a handful of doggie snacks. Whatever works.
Since my Sweetie has to earn a living and the children are back in school, I have a shortage of photography models to practice on. So I broke out the doggie snacks and bribed my Lab to "pose" for me. I know Mandy looks sad in these photos. Its all a lie, folks. She just wanted snacks for her modeling services. A lot of snacks.
Mandy: "What are we doing? I know I heard you say 'snack'. Can I have a snack now?"









"Wait. I see the snacks. Can I have one?"

"Sigh. This is tiring work just lying here. Can I have a snack to keep me going? Please?"

"You're not going to give me a snack, are you?"















"Ah, (chomp, chomp) the sweet rewards of  hard work!"

2 amazing observations:

Bethany said...

Your dog is so cute! I love the post. Mandy looks like the cutest dog

J_on_tour said...

This study of your dog is one of the best I've seen in a long time. I try to take the occasional picture of dogs to lighten up some of my posts, but as they don't belong to me.. I feel a bit awkward about it. Once again..outstanding work here.