Bits of Beauty surround us; in a baby's smile, a kindness shared or a starry night.

Humble or spectacular, Beauty is alive every moment.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Slow Cooking

I love my slow cooker. It feels great to throw the ingredients in the pot early in the day and know that dinner is cooking all on its own while I am busy doing other things. Like playing with my camera. Or napping.

Have you ever bought a new sauce because the bottle looked cool? Well I have. Then I put them in my pantry and forget they are there. Today I am slow cooking beef short ribs. I always use our family's favorite BBQ sauce. Until today. Yep, I am venturing out and trying something new! (never mind that this is as a result of my discovery that we are out of our favorite BBQ sauce!).

Here's what's for dinner:




























I hope it turns out and my family likes the switch. Could be good, could be bad. This is me living on the edge.

UPDATE: The meat was delicious!!! So easy, so yummy. I served it with a salad and fresh bread.

1 amazing observations:

Bethany said...

I love how I don't even need a recipe for this. It looks so simple