Bits of Beauty surround us; in a baby's smile, a kindness shared or a starry night.

Humble or spectacular, Beauty is alive every moment.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It's been awhile

Summer has flown by and I know I haven't kept up with the blog AT ALL. I've been playing with my kids and relaxing as much as possible before life gets busy again when school starts.
Are you having a great Summer?
I hope to get a few pictures posted of what we have been up to. I have made an important decision lately. I am only going to do a maximum of one portrait session every month or so. I love taking pictures, but the editing I do not love nor do I have the time to do this without my family suffering. I want this to stay a pleasant hobby and not a demanding job.

With that said, here are a few photos I took of my friend's new baby today.
 









































Isn't she adorable? It was an impromptu photo shoot (very low-key) but I am pleased with how it turned out. Photographing newborns is a dangerous business. I always have a moment of wishing I had another one of these little people in my house. But then the moment passes, I give the sweet bundle back to it's parents, and go take a nap!



2 amazing observations:

Melissa said...

Sweet, sweet baby! =) Great work! Where did you get your cocoon? Did you make it or buy it from somewhere?

Silver Strands said...

What precious pictures Erin! Of course, the subject is great - but your artistic photography is amazing!
oxox
Denalee