Bits of Beauty surround us; in a baby's smile, a kindness shared or a starry night.

Humble or spectacular, Beauty is alive every moment.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Remember These Words

I am on my way home from a trip with Reuben. It is good to spend time alone with your spouse. I really enjoyed talking and laughing with him. On this trip we saw an old, white-haired couple walking arm-in-arm. I hope that is what Reuben and I will be one day.
I find it interesting that being away from home makes me excited to do the daily tasks that I sometimes feel are a job instead of a blessing. I am so excited to snuggle my children!

I have a niece and a nephew that are graduating this Spring from high school. In my hunt for the perfect card I came across this one. I think these words can help all of us, no matter where we are on the path of life:

Remember These Words

Don't let go of hope.
Hope gives you the strength to keep going
when you feel like giving up.

Don't ever quit believing in yourself.
As long as you believe you can,
you will have a reason for trying.

Don't let anyone hold your happiness
in their hands;
hold it in yours, so it can always be
within your reach.

Don't measure success or failure by material wealth,
but by how you feel;
our feelings determine the richness of our lives.

Don't let bad moments overcome you;
be patient and they will pass.

Don't hesitate to reach out for help;
we all need it from time to time.

Don't run away from love;
but towards love,
because it is our deepest joy.

Don't wait for what you want to come to you.
Go after it with all that you are,
knowing that life will meet you halfway.

Don't feel like you've lost
when plans and dreams fall short
of your hopes.
Anytime you learn something new
about yourself or about life,
you have progressed.

Don't do anything that takes away
from your self-respect.
Feeling good about yourself
is essential to feeling good about life.

Don't ever forget how to laugh
or be too proud to cry.
It is by doing both that we live life
to its fullest.

-Nancy Sims




0 amazing observations: